Myis getting a more specific and more formal goal than just sustaining life: becoming an . I want to follow the path of the clergy. I need to follow the religious path. Becoming an Unsui however will take some time. In this case a good thing, because besides preparing myself mentally and physically for ‘the job’, I need time to gather my gear.
What I need to have
It’s quite a list of stuff that makes up the formal gear of an Unsui:
- white underwear (juban and pants; light weight cotton);
- light gray kimono with obi (light weight cotton);
- winter koromo (black linen);
- summer koromo (black poly gauze);
- shiken (koromo belt);
- kesa (black with black tassels);
- samu-gi (working cloths; dark blue denim);
- waraji (grass rope sandals);
- zagu (bowing mat);
- jihatsu (set of bowls), cloth and utinsels;
- takahatsu outfit (at least the ryuajiro – the wide bamboo hat, and the bag hanging from the neck during alms rounds).
What I have
I have the white underwear, a white kimono with obi, several sets of samu-gi (although they are black) and the jihatsu. I can make my own waraji. The rest I will need to collect or buy.
If you have any of the above items and can part from them, would you please consider giving them to me? I would deeply appreciate the gesture.
And if you have no such things, but still want to help me collect my gear, would you please consider a donation of money? I will be grateful with every penny that helps me buy what I cannot get otherwise. Please use Paypal: Unsui Gear for your kind donation.
It’s time to get serious about a few things. I’ll keep you all posted on developments.